(Article updated 10 July post the event – with links to presentations and speaker names added.)
Bristol Cycling Campaign hosted an event on Weds 9th July to review the Bristol Council Cycle Strategy and to prepare the way for the 2014 Bristol Cycling Summit, which will be in the autumn.
It was at City Hall from 5:30pm – 7:30pm on Weds 9th July.
Come along for a concise overview of what’s going on in Bristol and summary of what to expect over the coming years. This will see the opening of consultation on the official Bristol Council Cycle Strategy which will set out the response to our Bristol Cycling Manifesto.
- Welcome (David Wilcox, Chair of Bristol Bike Forum)
- Bristol Cycling Manifesto and Space for Cycling – campaign update (Eric Booth, Chair of BCyC)
- Cycle Festival success (Celia Way & Amanda Edmondson, Bristol Cycle Festival)
- What Green Capital 2015 will mean for cycling and how Sustrans is working in Bristol (Ian Barrett, SW Regional Director, Sustrans)
- Current cycling projects (Ed Plowden, Bristol Council)
- The Bristol Council cycling strategy (Jodi Savickas, Bristol Council)
- Concluding statement, Mark Bradshaw, Assistant Mayor for Transport. (Mark sent apologies)
The Consultation is now open online at https://www.citizenspace.com/bristol/city-transport/cycle-strategy/consult_view with a chance to give your views. Please contribute and if possible share your views with us either via our Yahoo Discussion Group Facebook page Twitter or drop us an email